Galaxy Fold has another competitor, with similar design, better features and lower price. The new Vivo X Fold combines materials used in the aerospace industry, the latest Qualcomm chipset and a camera system designed in conjunction with ZEISS.
Vivo has launched its first foldable smartphone, the Vivo X Fold. As the first foldable phone signed by the Asian brand, X Fold is the interpretation of a state-of-the-art smartphone, which aims to bring a more efficient, convenient and creative experience. The launch event was also used to unveil two other exciting devices, the X Note smartphone and the Vivo Pad, the first Vivo tablet.
According to the manufacturer, the hinge-screen module (the component most exposed to wear) has been tested and validated for at least 300,000 screen closures and openings. Based on vivo research, a user will open and fold the device approximately 80 times a day, which means that vivo X Fold can be used continuously, with confidence, for 10 years. Admittedly, the practical results may differ from theory.
Vivo X Fold integrates a number of state-of-the-art technologies to significantly reduce screen crease visibility and improved hinge durability. At the same time, the smartphone offers top performance in terms of screen, photo capabilities, chipset and battery life.
Thus, the configuration is based on the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm chipset, helped with 12GB of LPDDR5 memory. The storage solution can go up to 512GB capacity and uses the UFS 3.1 format to maximize transfer speeds. However, the main attraction is the 8.03 inch OLED screen in extended mode, capable of displaying images at a resolution of 2160 × 1916 pixels and 120Hz. Essential for everyday phone use, the screen on the outside of the case measures 6.52 inches and displays a resolution of 2520 × 1080 pixels (21: 9 aspect ratio) using 120Hz. Bonus, the touch interface works with a sampling rate of 240Hz, for increased responsiveness in mobile games.
For space reasons, limited to 4600mAh, the battery still supports fast charging of 66W via USB-C, or 50W in wireless mode.
Specifications Vivo X Fold
- 8.01-inch, foldable AMOLED main screen with LTPO 3.0 display technology and 120Hz refresh rate
- 6.53-inch secondary screen, OLED FHD + with 120Hz refresh rate
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset on 4nm
- 12GB DDR5 RAM + 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Origin OS 2.0 (based on Android 12)
- 50MP main camera (Samsung GN5 sensor, f / 1.75 lens, LED flash, PDAF + OIS technology, Zeiss lens
- 48MP Ultra-wide Camera (Sony IMX598 Sensor, PDAF)
- 2MP, 12MP Zoom Camera (Sony IMX663 Sensor)
- 8MP hyper-zoom camera, AF + OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x super zoom, autofocus laser
- Support 5G SA / NSA networks, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- Other features: nano-dual SIM, in-screen ultrasound fingerprint sensor, USB-C Audio support, stereo speakers
- 4600mAh battery with fast charging at 66W (50W in wireless mode).
Vivo X Fold will be available exclusively in China for now, in two colors, a classic blue and a calm shade of gray.