Kremlin rules out general mobilization in the face of Ukrainian counter-offensives

The Kremlin has ruled out plans for a general mobilization in the face of the counteroffensive launched over the past few days by the Ukrainian Army in several areas of the country, which have provoked a withdrawal of Russian forces in southern and eastern areas.

“Not at the moment, it is out of the conversation,” said Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov, Russian news agency Interfax reported.

Previously, the deputy speaker of the State Duma, Mikhail Sheremet, had spoken in favor of this general mobilization, something that the leader of the Communist Party of Russia, Genadi Ziuganov, has also done.

Read:  Parties that want to eliminate the pacifist character of Japan's Constitution achieve the necessary majority

“In my opinion, the special operation in Ukraine and the Donbas has turned into a war over the past two months,” he has said. “This war has been declared against us by the United States, Europe and NATO,” he has argued.

“They brought to Ukraine all the dirt, weapons and mercenaries. They are trying to turn the tide in favor of the Nazis,” he has pointed out. “Not a single normal person in our country can agree with the course of events,” he has pointed out.

In this regard, Ziuganov has stressed that “every war requires a response,” according to a statement published by the party on its website. “First of all, a maximum mobilization of forces and resources is needed,” he concluded.

Read:  At least nine killed in violent incidents in Colombia

The Best Online Bookmakers April 15 2024

BetMGM Casino

Bonus

$1,000