Former U.S. President Donald Trump has hinted Friday that he will file legal action in response to the raid carried out by the FBI at his Mar-a-Lago mansion in Florida last week.
Trump has assured that a “major motion” related to the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, which protects citizens against unreasonable searches and seizures, will soon be filed.
“An important motion related to the Fourth Amendment will soon be filed regarding the illegal search of my home, Mar-a-Lago, just before the ever-important midterm elections,” Trump has written in a message posted on his social network Truth Social.
The former president has assured that his rights “have been violated to a level that has rarely been seen before” in the US. “My rights, along with the rights of all Americans, have been violated to a level rarely seen before in our country,” he has asserted.
“Remember, they even spied on my campaign. The biggest witch hunt in US history has been going on for six years, with no consequences for the fraudsters. it must not be allowed to continue!” he has written.
A federal judge in Florida on Thursday asked the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to prepare the FBI affidavit that would justify the search warrant for former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago mansion, as he is likely to order a partial release of it. “I’m inclined not to seal the entire affidavit,” Reinhart has said.
Trump, however, said Reinhart should release the full, unredacted affidavit.
THE DOJ had objected Monday to the full release of the affidavit after filing a filing denying any effort to disclose the document because it would “jeopardize an ongoing investigation.”