Just a week after the launch of the iPhone 14 series, Apple is coming out with a new update, dedicated specifically to these models, fixing some of the issues that have been reported in the first few days of use. In particular, the new iOS 16.0.2 is being released to fix camera shake on certain iPhone 14 Pro models, which could have permanently affected the stabilization hardware. And iPhone X, XR, and 11 users will also benefit from the iOS 16 bug fixes.
Apple has fixed the problem with the new iPhone 14 Pros in less than a week
Shortly after the launch of the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, those who received their new phones reported camera issues in certain apps. Turning on the camera in Snapchat or Instagram led to uncontrolled vibrations of the stabilisation system, which didn’t allow photos to be taken under normal conditions. The workaround was to take the photo or video from the phone’s camera app and upload them to social media individually. The new update fixes the problem for affected users.
We have the Go4it iPhone 14 Pro Max in our newsroom testing and on our unit we did not encounter this behavior. It is possible that Apple is using components from multiple partners and only certain models were affected.
Other issues fixed by the new iOS 16.0.2 include reported issues with certain devices’ screens refusing to turn on, annoying notifications asking for permission to paste text or content from one app to another each time, as well as issues with touch logging that iPhone X, XR, and 11 users who had screens replaced in service recently reported.
The update is a small one and installs in minutes. It’s available on all iOS 16-compatible devices, regardless of whether or not they’re on the list of those that had issues.
Here’s the official list of improvements in iOS 16.0.2
This update fixes issues and provides important security updates for iPhone, including:
- Camera could vibrate and produce blurry pictures when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display screen could be completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste operations between applications could cause an authorization request to be displayed longer than expected
- VoiceOver functionality might not be available after reset
- Fixes an issue where the touch interface was no longer responding to commands on some iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone 11 displays after a service operation