If you are a fan of documentaries, you can’t help but see, at least once in your life, a documentary made by Sir David Attenborough. So, let’s see which are the 15 best rated materials ever made by him.
Documentaries are, by definition, the easiest way to combine the useful with the pleasant. Relax by watching a well-done production while learning something new. And if we talk about nature (our home, everyone’s) and the dramatic climate change, Sir David Attenborough’s seems to be the ideal compromise.
From the very beginning, Sir David Attenborough’s documentaries have relied on the realization that, ultimately, our planet is not eternal, and more than that, we humans should stop practices that endanger it. Without realizing this too much, by destroying nature, we are only unequivocally self-destructing.
In case you didn’t already know, Sir David Attenborough was named “Champion of the Earth”, precisely because of his efforts to educate people.
Journalistic.org has compiled a list of the best rated documentaries ever made by Attenborough.
Top 15 – the best documentaries about nature and the environment, made by Sir David Attenborough
Although it seems incorrect to put these works of art in a top, as they are all without a doubt just as good, but just as useful to the general public, according to quotes from Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb, the situation is as follows:
- Seven Worlds, One Planet (2019) – note 9.65
- Planet Earth II (2016) – note 9.6
- Planet Earth (2006) – note 9.45
- David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet (2020) – note 9.4
- Our Planet (2019) – note 9.3
- The Green Planet (2022) – note 9.2
- The Hunt (2015) – note 9.2
- Africa (2013) – note 9.2
- Dynasties (2018-2020) – note 9.15
- Dinosaurs – the Final Day with David Attenborough – note 9.1
- Life (2009) – note 9.1
- Life on Earth (1979) – note 9.1
- Blue Planet II (2017) – note 9.05
- The Blue Planet (2001) – note 9.0
- A Perfect Planet (2021) – note 9.0
As can be seen, several documentaries are tied in this top.
Moreover, according to fans, Seven Worlds, One Planet, from 2019, is the best documentary made by Attenborough, of all times.