While Xbox does not produce many commercial variants of its Xbox Series consoles dedicated to games debuting on the platform, it does partner with all sorts of brands and companies for special edition versions of the system. In the past we have seen Xbox Series Xs designed to look like Thor’s Hammer, one modeled after The Mandalorian, even one from Bethesda made to look like Redfall, all of which are very limited and usually offered in giveaways. The latest to join this fray is Porsche.
As announced at the Summer Game Fest show, Porsche and Xbox have now revealed the full collection of Xbox Series X consoles that will be given away in future giveaways. There are six designs in total, each tailored to a different part of the automaker’s history, with the designs created to mark 75 years of Porsche.
As for what each design resembles, they are as follows:
- Porsche 911 GT1 won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1998.
- Porsche Hippie was a race car like no other. It was decorated in deep blue and bright green “hippie” colors.
- Porsche Pink Pig was a pink race car. Pink? Yes. Covered in butcher-like cuts. It is a race color that has gained cult status.
- Porsche Salzburg gave Porsche its first-ever overall victory at Le Mans.
- Porsche Racing Edition is often called the white whale (or Moby Dick) because of its huge tail.
- Porsche 75th is the current racing colors on the 963.
If you are interested in any of these consoles, you can enter a sweepstakes today if you live in the UK, Germany or the US, with each console also coming with a themed and branded controller.