It’s not exactly a surprise, as Oppo phones have already started receiving the final update to Android 13, but the OnePlus 10 Pro is now also an official updated phone to the newest version of the operating system. OnePlus released OxygenOS 13 on its 2022 flagship, and at its core it should have a lot in common with Oppo’s ColorOS 13 at its core, only the interface being different in design. So the OnePlus 10 Pro is making the switch to Android 13 ahead of Samsung’s S22 flagships.
At the moment, only users who participated in the beta testing session on the OnePlus 10 Pro can upgrade to OxygenOS 13 quickly, but the update is scheduled to roll out quickly to the rest of the users as well. Of course, like any Android update rollout, it will come gradually to devices so as not to clog up servers, so it could even take a few weeks for most users to receive notification for the update.
OnePlus has also published a list of changes and improvements between this version and the old OxygenOS 12. The major categories where changes have been made are Aquamorphic Design, OnePlus’ interface name, usability, customization, security, performance, and gaming.
What OxygenOS 13 brings to OnePlus 10 Pro
- Add Aquamorphic Design themed colours for added visual comfort.
- Apply the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Add a world clock widget to the home screen to display the time in different time zones.
- Updates to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature that recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical movements to animations to make them feel more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes feature illustrations by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to improve meeting connectivity and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the home screen. You can now open an app in a large folder with a single tap and flip pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Add Sidebar toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimize the shelf. If you swipe down on the home screen, it will display Shelf by default. You can also search for content online on your device.
- Seamless connection
- Optimizes headset connectivity to provide a simpler experience.
- Optimize Bitmoji to provide more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more custom Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Always-On Canvas Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security and privacy
- Adds an auto-pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can automatically identify and pixelate profile pictures and display your name in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular deletion of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimize your private vault. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Digital Health and Wellness
- Adds Kid Space, offering screen time limit, ambient light reminders and display features for eye protection.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life and application experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with improved spatial sound field perception and a more accurate sound source.
- Updates to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rate and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
(list of changes translated with Google Translate)
source: Phone Arena