Publisher Wired Productions and solo developer Tomas Sala are pleased to announce the expansion of the evolving demo for free city builder Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles, ahead of the Steam Next Fest event.
Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles, an imaginative open-world building sandbox that subverts you to explore your own chaotic creativity.
The Evolving Demo has been boiling and percolating for several months, its goal is to streamline experimental controls that combine open-world exploration with organic building and tower design in a vast open 3D world. Players can now join in with a host of improvements and new content:
- A political system that controls which refugees you bring to your settlement and how they affect the balance of factions in your settlement
- Unlock a dominant faction that in turn allows more advanced captains and commanders of that faction to join you.
- Enroll aggressive faction leaders who unlock even more new building options and vehicles, as well as attacks and combat encounters.
- Introducing new captains and battle captains with their own benefits
- A campaign option to skip the tutorial and dive straight into the action (for hardcore players).
- New random events and encounters (including Pirate Skullship Captains!).
- Increased range for buildings to break, allowing for larger expansive structures
Players can now try the latest version of this experimental building game that combines organic and exploratory building with a fully open world. In Bulwark, players create their own dream forts and settlements across the steep cliffs and sharp peaks of its world. Build up or down, left or right, build anywhere, build by exploring what is possible.
Just as The Falconeer was Tomas’ attempt to take players into an exploration of internal conflicts. Bulwark is his attempt to take players to the same source from which his own imagination, experimentation, curiosity and chaos spring. The only thing that tempers the player’s wildest creations is that the world is alive and filled with other people and the factional struggles first introduced in The Falconer. A living canvas for the player to explore.