Belarus claims it does not want to join Russia’s offensive on Ukraine and says everything is “under control.”

Follow live the latest news on the war in Ukraine

The Belarusian government has affirmed that it is not in its plans to join the military offensive launched by its ally Russia over Ukraine, a day after announcing a joint deployment, and has defended that, although the situation is “tense”, it is “under control”.

The head of the Belarusian Security Council, Alexander Volfovich, has accused “the West” of “trying to spread the idea that the Belarusian Army could join the special military operation on the territory of Ukraine,” the official BelTA news agency reports.

Read:  Financial giant State Street sees a decline in demand for crypto-currencies from institutional investors

With such messages, according to Volfovich, the leaders of NATO and “several” European countries would already be “considering options of aggression” against Belarus, a thesis that Minsk has always agitated in an attempt to justify its political and arms moves.

Volfovich stressed that “the situation is under control,” although he also acknowledged that it “remains tense and could escalate” in the near future.

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko himself admitted last week that his government is participating in the Russian offensive. “We participate in it. We do not hide it. But we have not killed anyone, we have not sent military anywhere,” he said then, at the height of the escalation of the conflict.

Read:  Palestinian forces reach agreement with militiamen in Nablus after latest clashes

The Best Online Bookmakers May 22 2024

BetMGM Casino

Bonus

$1,000