Motorola has published a list of its phones that will receive the Android 13 update. The list isn’t exactly long, and a release date for these updates has not been provided. What we do know, however, is that the American brand has also revealed for these models the period for which they will receive guaranteed security updates, and these seem to be planned for the next few years.
Of the Motorola devices from the last few years, only a few have been chosen for updates to Android 13. The fact that certain models aren’t on this list doesn’t mean they won’t get this update, just that they won’t be in the first wave of release. The company will add more phones to the list over time.
From the mid-range Motorola lists 13 devices such as the Moto G5G or Moto G Stylus 5G and the G82, G62, G42 and G32 variants, all released later this year, for the Android update. On the mid-high and flagship models we have the few Edge devices launched in 2022. Currently last year’s Edge 20 series is not on the list.
Here’s the full list of Motorola devices confirmed for update to Android 13
- Moto G Stylus 5G (2022) – security updates until April 2025
- Moto G 5G (2022) – security updates until April 2025
- Edge+ (2022) – security updates until February 2025
- Edge (2022) – security updates until August 2025
- Edge 30 Pro – security updates until February 2025
- Edge 30 – security updates until May 2025
- Moto G82 5G – security updates until May 2025
- Moto G62 5G – security updates until June 2025
- Moto G42 – security updates until June 2025
- Moto G32 – security updates until August 2025