The successor to one of Samsung’s best-selling phones, the Galaxy A53 receives an almost complete list with detailed specifications and presentation images.
Appearing with the same minimalist design, Galaxy S53 comes with changes to the screen shape and the edges of the case. According to the unofficial presentation images, it seems that we will meet even more with the plastic finishes with frosted-glass look, appreciated for the pleasant sensation offered to the touch and the good resistance to wear and accidental blows.
Even though it is also made of plastic, the chrome-looking side frame manages to maintain the illusion of a premium phone, partly due to the well-cohesive construction specific to mid-range Samsung phones. Although the preliminary set of specifications does not explicitly confirm, we can hope that at least the Gorilla Glass 3 applied to the screen will at least upgrade to the Gorilla Glass 5 version.
The main specifications of Galaxy A53 5G:
- 6.5-inch FHD + screen (1080 × 2400 pixels) with Super AMOLED Infinity-O technology and 120Hz refresh rate
- 5G SA / NSA connectivity, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Samsung Exynos 1200 chipset – 2.4GHz Dual + 2GHz Hexa octa-core CPU, Mali-G68 GPU
- Memory – 6GB RAM + 128GB / 8GB RAM + 256GB, expandable up to 1TB using micro SD card
- Android OS 12 with Samsung One UI 4
- Hybrid Dual SIM Support (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP main camera with optical stabilization (OIS), 12MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP DoF sensor and 5MP macro camera
- 32MP front camera
- Other features: in-screen fingerprint sensor, Samsung Pay compatibility, USB Type-C audio support, AKG and Dolby Atmos certified stereo speakers, waterproof housing (IP67)
- Dimensions: 159.5 × 74.7 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 189g
- 5000mAh battery (4860mAh capacity guaranteed), with 25W fast charging
Unfortunately, for the Galaxy A53 price and the official launch date, we will have to wait for new revelations. For reference, the current A52 model was launched towards the end of March 2021.