Diablo IV’s first limited-time event, Midwinter Blight, has arrived and with it a period of eternal darkness and bitter cold that plagues Fractured Peaks. From Dec. 12 to Jan. 2, 7 p.m., you can team up with a hopeful bard, who warns you of an awakened “Red-Cloaked Horror” and his Blightfiend underlings, who are out to prey on the most discouraged souls. In this event, players can do new event quests, upgrade the event hub, challenge a new final boss and earn rewards, including new cosmetic items.
- Help Gileon, the bard, as he seeks to rekindle revelry in the residents of Kyovashad after hearing rumors of hateful dangers lurking in the snow and bringing down the morale of the citizens.
- Visit the Midwinter Square in Kyovashad to build up the festive mood and upgrade the square to its full vacation potential by adding the light blue Blightfiends who lurk in Fractured Peaks to kill for their Blighted Fragments.
- ‘Disrupt the Blightfiends’ Blighted Revelry by destroying the tangle of human entrails known as Frigid Husks and win Lost Heirlooms back that can also be used to upgrade the square.
- Punish enough Blightfiends for defiling the residents of Fractured Peaks and you can come face to face with their sadistic overlord, the Red-Cloaked Horror.
- Go to the Collections Table in Midwinter Square when you have enough Blighted Fragments, Lost Heirlooms and other Midwinter Blight resources to trade them for Midwinter Proofs. These can be exchanged for various rewards, including: a Mount Trophy, Class-specific Back Trophies, Weapon Cosmetics, the Shard of Dawn Offensive Legendary Aspect, Gileon’s Brew and more.