AnTuTu has published its new ranking of the best performing smartphones tested with its benchmarking app, and the results are not surprising given the releases of late. Topping the list is the ROG Phone 6 Pro, ASUS’ newest gaming phone, equipped with the new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. Interestingly, however, all but one of the phones on the list are equipped with either this new processor or its base Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 model.
Top 10 best performing smartphones as of July 2022
- ROG Phone 6 Pro (SD8+G1) – 1,114,647
- ASUS Zenfone 9 (SD8+G1) – 1,089,919
- Red Magic 7 (SD8G1)- 1,049,883
- Black Shark 5 Pro (SD8G1) – 1.029803
- Vivo X80 (Dimensity 9000) – 1,001,400
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro (SD8G1) – 991,703
- Vivo X80 Pro (SD8G1) – 988.693
- Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro (SD8G1) – 985,527
- POCO F4 GT (SD8G1) – 980.588
- Redmi K50 Gaming (SD8G1) – 955.222
The rankings show that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and Model 8+ currently dominate the performance rankings, with AnTuTu scores of around a million points. Several gaming smartphone models are listed in this ranking that use more advanced cooling systems than usual, but there are a few surprises. The second-place Zenfone 9 is surprising, given that it’s a compact phone with a lower price tag than others on the list.
Then the vivo X80 with Dimensity 9000 seems to offer higher scores than the Snapdragon chipset-equipped X80 Pro. The score difference isn’t that big, and most likely can’t be seen in normal use, but it’s interesting that MediaTek has a real rival in the market for Qualcomm’s top solution.
TOP 10 mid-range phones as of July 2022
- Nothing Phone (1) (SD778G) – 579,394
- iQOO Z5 (SD778G) – 558,784
- realme GT Master (SD778G) – 545.424
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite (SD780G) – 537,863
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (SD778G) – 520,831
- Huawei Nova 9 (SD778G) – 511,550
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G (SD778G) – 509.705
- Realme 9 Pro+ (Dimensity 920) – 506.561
- Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (SD778G) – 488,809
- Redmi Note 11 Pro+ (Dimensity 920) – 467.035
And the mid-range rankings show that a Qualcmm processor, the Snapdragon 778G, dominates the market in terms of performance Only one other model from the company appears on the list, the 780G chipset, while only one alternative from MediaTek makes an appearance. Interestingly, however, the recently launched Nothing Phone (1) leads this ranking.