Launched for the Chinese market in December, the new Motorola edge 30 series is about to reach European buyers, already receiving a precise launch deadline and an unofficial list of specifications.
Known to Chinese buyers as the Motorola edge X30, the edge 30 Pro arrives in the European market with largely unchanged features, focusing on the 6.7-inch OLED screen with FHD + resolution and 144 Hz refresh rate.
Motorola edge 30 – unofficial specifications
- Screen: 6.7-inch FHD + OLED (2400 × 1080 pixels), 144Hz, HDR10 + certification, 10-bit color and DCI-P3
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm chipset with octa-core CPU and Adreno 730 GPU
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM + 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM + 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- OS: Android 12 with MyUX interface
- 60MP main camera with OV60A sensor and OIS stabilization, 50MP ultra-wide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, 2MP sensor for macro function
- 60MP front camera with 4K footage
- Other features: Dual SIM (nano + nano), in-screen fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C audio support, dedicated Google Assistant keyboard (global phone only)
- Weight: 194g
- Battery: 5000mAh, 68W fast charging
While the Motorola edge X version could hit stores in China as early as December, the global launch of the new flagship looks set to be delayed at least until January 2022. In addition to the top edge 30 Ultra, Motorola is likely to deliver and a more affordable version of the Edge 30 and Edge 30 Lite with less features, especially on the chipset side and the photo setup.
Features include a stylus and screen mount, both available as optional accessories.
According to the latest rumors, the global version of the Motorola Edge 30 series will have its official launch on February 24, with store availability varying from region to region