Xiaomi confirms the launch date of Black Shark 5, the newest series of phones for Android gaming enthusiasts. The new model comes with balanced but strong specifications, if we refer to the asking price.
Expected in store offerings in China starting March 30, the Black Shark 5 and the Pro model are a good sequel to the Black Shark 4 series, launched in October last year.
According to the invitation marked “Breaking Gravity”, the new flagship of the gaming brand comes with major advances in terms of specifications. In practice, the differences do not seem to be so great:
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) screen Full HD resolution + 20: 9 144Hz display, HDR 10+
- 7nm Snapdragon 870 chipset, octa-core CPU (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa), Adreno 650 GPU GPU (5)
- Chipset Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 on 4nm (5 Pro)
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) internal storage, 12GB RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (5)
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB Internal Storage / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (5 Pro)
- Android OS 12 with JoyUI interface
- 64MP / 108MP cameras (Pro model), 8MP ultra-wide, 5MP super-macro
- 13MP front camera
- Dimensions: 163.83 × 76.25x 10.37mm; Weight: 223g (Black Shark 5)
- Dimensions: 163.86 × 76.53x 9.8mm; Weight: 226g (5 Pro)
- Other features: in-screen fingerprint sensor, dual-SIM (nano + nano)
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 axis (2 × 2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4650mAh battery with fast charging at 120W
The new Black Shark 5 series is set to be announced next week, confirming prices and in-store availability.